Saudi government advises postponing Hajj. Saudi Arabia has urged Muslims to temporarily postpone preparations for the Hajj on the uncertainty caused by the Coronavirus.
According to the report, Saudi Minister Hajj told Saudi Arabia’s state television al-Akhbarya that ‘Saudi Arabia is fully prepared to serve visitors’.
However, he made it clear that in the present situation as we are talking about the global epidemic, the state wants to protect the health of Muslims and citizens.
Therefore, we have told our Muslim brethren in all countries to wait for the Hajj Pact until the situation becomes clear.
It should be noted here that the Saudi government has not yet announced whether it will allow Hajj this year.
Be aware that the 5th step of Islam is a major source of income for Saudi Arabia and last year 2.5 million people performed Hajj.
Saudi Arabia is taking various measures to prevent the virus in its home country.
Nevertheless, the Ministry of Health there has so far confirmed 1,633 people affected and 10 deaths.
It is to be noted that Saudi Arabia suspends Umrah earlier this month due to the threat of a new Coronavirus.
On March 4, after the Umrah was temporarily suspended, the Saudis were evacuated from Kabba by the Saudi administration.
In reference to the temporary suspension of Umrah, the Saudi Interior Ministry said in its statement that the decision will be reviewed regularly and the decision will be withdrawn as the circumstances change.
However, yesterday, the Saudi government allowed a limited number to perform tawaf.
A statement from Harman’s account on the social networking site Twitter said that ‘the tawaaf has been restored’.
The statement said that ‘a limited number of people have been allowed to pay worship’.
Earlier, the Saudi government had also banned the entry of foreigners into Mecca and Medina.
However, both holy cities were open to the citizens of Saudi Arabia, where citizens were allowed to pray and worship.
News report on Saudi government advises postponing Hajj.